Wednesday, October 15, 2014

It's Janeya!









Hi, my name is Janeya, but I generally go by "Ney." I'm sixteen years old and I attend King College Prep. Between school, school, more school, and merely two hours of sleep a day,  I'm constantly trying to find a happy medium. I'm always researching for what something is or why something is, and lately journalism has been one of my favorite things to do. One of my many inquiries is the awareness of teenage depression/anxiety. Many of our youth suffer from this disorder and fall through the cracks, primarily because we simply are oblivious. It'll be my goal to educate myself and my peers about this issue through my weeks in ASM.



I have a passion for health science, specifically mental health and epidemiology. Mental health is significant to me because I have more than one anxiety disorder. The most common types of anxiety come in the form of '-phobias', and I have social phobias and agoraphobia. This affects the way I am able to interact with other people and also how I react in certain situations. Often times mental health is taken for granted, however, on this blog it won't be. I hope to further my education within the health medical field. I'll be sharing blogs periodically, so please keep up with my posts. You'll have as much fun reading them as I do writing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment