Saturday, April 5, 2014

Meet Devonte

Wassup Homies... I'm an "I-phone" user ahaa. My name is Devonte, Urban teen from Chicago & currently a junior in high school!


Growing up with a lot of siblings & a single mom, I had to find my own identity, which I'm still learning about til this today. Opportunities and attention wasn't offered so I had to Take it! Being on my I-phone, which I love!!!, one day granted me my wish; a summer job in downtown Chicago. Gallery 37 is a place I've called home now for four seasons (summer, fall , winter & spring).

Being apart of Health Science Explorers has led to many friendships, job opportunities, and has opened me up to learning more new things  about my health and how science is all around us! Gallery 37 wasn't my first job experience although, by far its been my best!

I have interned for a local teen magazine known as "True-Star". Working with the editorial team I worked with a professional journalist. The instructor there taught me how to 1) capture my audience, 2) keep deadlines, and 3) build my writing portfolio. Working there for a year before Gallery put me in a position to work hard for my positions and don't be afraid to branch out!

Next year I'll be a senior in High School and I'll be looking forward to attending college to major in my dream career, running my mouth and becoming a broadcast journalist. Follow my blog posts to read more revealing information about my Health-Science experiences and much more!


No comments:

Post a Comment