Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dreams and Goals of Kyra

Ni Hao Peng You! My name is Kyra. Maybe you care about this blog post maybe you don't, but just keep reading. I graduated from Lindblom Academic Center and I am freshman at Whitney Young Magnet High School . I am not really worried about freshman year though. I really wanted to go there, and now that I am I feel like I am on the way to conquering all of my dreams. And boy do I have dreams, some a little more in reach than others but still they are dreams

I have always loved school, although I went to a school that is not all that great. While in school I developed a passion for science, math and writing. Although I am good at reading and geography they are not really my thing. As I got older, I started to realize what I wanted to do with my life, realistically.  I want to go to Stanford University (if that's realistic) and major in Chemistry. Then I would like to go to University of Chicago or Oxford for medical school. My realistic career choice is to be a neonatologist.  That is what inspired me to join the Health Science Explorers Program, through After School Matters. I hope to learn more about that of the health field and further my interest in the medical career.
Unrealistically, I would love to go into performing arts. I really enjoy music and theater; enough to purse a career in them. If I was to get a career in performing arts I would still go to college.
Outside of academics I like to write, specifically poems, sing,dance and basically talk to people. I have never been someone who keeps to themselves. I consider myself outgoing and out of the box. I am very metaphoric and love challenges. Sometimes I can be a little stubborn but I try to be as kind as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment