Thursday, June 26, 2014

I Literally Can't Even: The McKenzie Story






Hi! I’m McKenzie, and I’m a rising junior at Northside College Prep. Many adjectives have been used to describe me; shy has never been one of them. I consider myself to be a theater person at heart, mostly due to my love of talking to whomever will listen. I’m passionate about a lot of different things, which is somewhat confusing to some people. I love science and creative writing; dissections and acting; psychology and cosmetology; neuroscience and the science of fashion; social activism and singing. In short, I’m a mixed bag. I’m very energetic, and somewhat bubbly. I have a deep appreciation for many types of music, ranging from The Arctic Monkeys to Vampire Weekend to Iggy Azalea. I love to read, and my favorite authors are John Green and Libba Bray. I also value the beauty of Netflix, the love of my life. My favorite shows are Orange is The New Black, Breaking Bad, Supernatural, and 30 Rock. Jennifer Lawrence is my soul sister. I hope to be either a neuropsychologist or a pediatric neurologist one day (that is, if I don’t get “discovered” and whisked off to Hollywood). I’m doing this program because I've always been a huge science fan, and I also needed something to do with my time that wasn't Netflix. I'm really excited for this summer, and I feel like it's going to be a ton of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment