Friday, March 21, 2014

No More!

by Jordan
           
                 Sitting with a smile on my face watching TV "Jordan! Jordan!" my mother yells while running into my room, "Hurry up, throw on something, L'A just got shot!" OMG! Different thoughts running through my head, tears running down my face. We finally got to the scene and my brother was shot outside of a studio waiting on my granny to come pick him up on September 26, 2013. He died at Northwestern hospital that night at 8:27 p.m. That night I went home feeling so dead inside and didn't know what to do. I was so filled with rage and wanted to go find the person who did this and do to them what they did to my brother. I cried myself to sleep, but woke up the next morning feeling a little okay, because I knew I had lost an soldier but gained an angel that was watching over me.  

                How does violence effect people? Many have asked, watching and seeing violence effects people in many ways. Once people get drawn into the violence, they get used to it and want to bring it into the real world. Someone who have might grown up with violence or sees it in their "everyday way of life," may try to be like what they see and want to fit in. There are many different types of violence such as: physical, sexual, emotional, psychological, spiritual, cultural, verbal, financial, and neglect. The ones that seem like they have the greatest mental effect is physical and emotional violence. When physical violence happens it can turn into emotional violence effecting an individual's health and well-being.

                      Physical violence is " The Problem Child" in my eyes because it's the most hurtful. With physical violence somehow it just seems like they don't care with what they are doing. The abuser doesn't understand that they are hurting someone that loves them the most. They may even think it's fun to hurt and kill, to take a life that can get you life. Also to take a life not worth it, because they have put a toll not only on the victim's family & friends, but also on themselves. Now they can go to jail or could even be in danger of dying. 

                   Violence puts such a heavy burden on everyone, because everyone gets effected in a certain way. People may now feel like it's not even safe anymore for them to go outside on a nice day. With these gang-related murders you all kill your "opps", as the generation calls them today, and once they die or get killed, you all go into wars. What Is The Problem?Everyone should get a chance to live their life. All of the violence isn't making anyone's life better. We need to all stand up and put a stop to this. THE VIOLENCE NEEDS TO STOP!

No comments:

Post a Comment