Saturday, December 6, 2014

"Sleeping Off Them Zannies!"


ZANS! ZANS! ZANS! Ughh! How much I hate those things. How do Xanax a.k.a “Zans” really make you feel? What is the real reason of people popping zans? I know so many people who pop them or want to try one, just because that's what everybody else is doing. This is mostly for a teenage audience, cause the people that I know are popping them are in my age group. I want to inform them about the dangers.
The reason for companies and doctors giving people Xanax is to treat anxiety and panic disorders things like depression, and it slows down the nervous system, but still people abuse them. I've seen many people slob, and they can't talk right, or they either just fall into a deep sleep. I guess it makes them feel good and it puts them to sleep. Xanax can put you to sleep real quick and they make you look real drunk, your words become slurred, you can't keep your eyes open and their head starts to droop, and also some people slob a lot. That's disgusting, right? When people use Zans way too much they have a higher risk of overdosing, or it could cause an allergic reaction. So I don't understand why people want to pop Zans.
image courtesy of
xanaxkingbiwheethe.ciki.me
I want to talk about the bars, specifically the "Yellow School Buses" which is highly abused and has a street value of $2 a mg. The name comes from the 2mg Xanax that is shaped like a bar and is yellow and it can be broken into 4 pieces of .5 mg each. There is also a white colored Zan and the big difference between them is the company that makes them. Everyone says that the yellow ones are actually stronger than the white ones. I have interviewed two teens to learn more about why they "pop zans." One teen stated they currently use zans and the other answered they don't use it anymore. The person that answered no, I asked "Why don't you use zans anymore?" His response was "They started making me tweak (act crazy) too much." so I said "You figured they were bad for you?" and he responded "Yea." I asked the other teen "Why does he pop zans?" He responded "Because they make me feel good and I just love drugs." I followed up with "You know they're not good for you right?" and he said "Yea, I know and guess what I don't care." Being addicted can cause problems with memory, and people don't really care, because it's what they are addicted to, and that's what make them happy, so they don't care about what effects it causes for them. That's crazy isn't it how he knows what they do to him, but he doesn't care. The other person finally noticed that they weren't good for him and was able to quit. He felt his body was getting to weak, and he was going too far with all the drugs he was doing, since he knows about the dangers he would probably also get people to not pop them.

In just the year 2005 there was 57,419 trips to the emergency room related to the use of Zans, and in 2011 it grew to 123,744 visits. The visits were from overdosing, or people feeling a change in their body. I just think if you doctor doesn't give you a prescription for Xanax, then there's no point of taking them.


References:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/gquery/?term=xanax
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yellow%20School%20Buses
http://www.drugs.com/xanax.html

No comments:

Post a Comment